Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
A world-wide manufacturer of commercial aircraft is looking for a new Commodity specialist to manage a project for an initial 6 months. The contract role will be based in Filton, with some travel to Europe for meetings when required.
Job DescriptionOur client's Procurement Organisation manages commercial agreements with all external suppliers. Equipment Procurement is largely responsible for procurement of complex, high value aircraft systems. This role is within the team responsible for Landing Gear Systems Procurement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for management of a number of contracts and commercial agreements across our client's Programmes, within the sub-Commodity group within the Landing Gear Systems Commodity team and MFT.
* Work with in-house and supplier based multifunctional teams to deliver business results.
* Ensure the commercial integrity of agreements for new or existing Equipment and Systems requirements.
* Be responsible for leading negotiations on contract development, supplier and our client claims or retrofit actions.
* Ensure supplier programme developments are achieved to time and cost, incorporating applicable Quality/Supply Chain Processes.
* Design and deliver cost reduction programmes with our client's suppliers.
This role will require no line management responsibility however you will be expected to manage project within a multifunctional environment.
You will have the responsibility for developing our client's relationship with one of more suppliers and for the management of high value contracts.
You will also:
* Support robust, cross-functional, collaborative working relationships between our client's Procurement, in house and supplier based teams. This will be achieved by supporting the 'Multi-Functional Team' (MFT) requirements, to deliver the aims of the business.
* Commercial management of new and existing developments programmes.
* Support and implement our client's Supply Chain policy and strategy with suppliers.
* Lead negotiations to ensure best pricing and contract terms.
* Identify value creation opportunities on existing contracts and maximising purchasing leverage on new programmes, negotiate these with suppliers.
* Ensure working practices are aligned to our client's UK Equipment Procurement processes and procedures.
* Delivery of Commercial agreements to support MISP projects
* Delivery of robust Supply Chain Programme Management, reflecting agreed supply chain strategy.
* Ensuring project commercial budget challenges are met.
* Ensuring delivery of optimum supply chain pricing and contractual terms.
* To satisfy customers and programme directorate requirements.
* To support M.F.T. expectations.
* Good contractual and commercial background with technical knowledge.
* High capability for negotiation of contractual documents.
* Proven ability in team working and influencing skills.
* Experience of delivering projects within a Procurement environment.
* Multicultural working experience.
* Working knowledge of computer office IT systems.
* The use of SAP
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.