I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
One of the world's largest defence companies are now seeking a Commercial Officer to join their growing team in Havant on a permanent basis. This role is suitable for an individual with approximately 3-5 years commercial experience within the Contracts/Buying/Procurement space. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Commercial Officer
Location: Havant (Commutable from: Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester, Bournemouth, Petersfield and Fareham)
Salary: Up to £35,000 + Benefits
One of the world's largest defence companies are now seeking a Commercial Officer to join their growing team in Havant on a permanent basis. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Commercial Officer would administer, extend, terminate and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts. You would be responsible for conducting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfilment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
This role is suitable for an individual with approximately 3-5 years commercial experience within the Contracts/Buying/Procurement space. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and progress your career.
* Manage, provide guidance on and administer multiple, complex acquisitions and relationships with minimum management assistance
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them
* To ensure Terms and Conditions compliance including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers
* Organise and maintain contract files
* Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a timely manner.
* Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution
* Be the main interface between customer, supplier and internal organisation
* Issue and analyse RFQs/ITTs including multi-criteria
* Evaluate multiple contract packages
* Carry out negotiations in support of the above:
* Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency
* Recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity
* Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements
* Resolve difficult problem areas and shows a risk avoidance approach to doing so.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.