I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Commercial Manager required to fulfil a high level management role with leading defence organisation!...
Job DescriptionCommercial Manager
My client is a world-class engineering organisation that operate within the defence industry and cover everything from Airborne Systems, Land and Naval Systems and Security and Information Systems.
They are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to join them on a permanent basis and be responsible for support the business to develop the commercially viable Win Strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Preparation of deal specific commercial schedules and contractual terms
* Input to business strategy and devise the best practical deal structure for new and emerging opportunities
* Advise on risk exposure and provide pragmatic mitigation advice
* Identify and construct commercial architecture with customers and partners to support winning business
* Manage potential International considerations e.g. anti-bribery/ Tax/Offset/Letters of Credit/Bonds etc
* Work with the campaign team to develop and prepare final offering and write commercial proposal
* Create and negotiate Commercial Agreements (including Teaming Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, Letters of Intent, Contracts, Heads of Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Change Proposals)
* Provide commercial input into pricing and deal structures
* Ensure governance and process are followed and that appropriate authorisation is achieved in line with Delegated Authority Levels
* Present commercial structure throughout all stages of Life Cycle Management Gates
* Manage workload of any assigned personnel (Commercial Officer)
* Lead negotiations in relation to large or significant tenders.
* A contributor and key member of bid teams in the deal structure to ensure a strategic and enduring commercial construct for our Customers and Partners.
* Provide guidance to the commercial pricing model as needed
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge required:
* Knowledge of export financing, including bonds and guarantees, and Offset or Industrial Participation
* Experience in defence/ aerospace industry
* Sharp intellect, with a challenging approach and proactive, 'can-do' attitude.
* Business/law graduate, or equivalent background, with additional professional qualifications desirable.
* Good planning, organisational & time management skills: ability to multitask & prioritise workload
* A good understanding of contract law, contract management and contractual structures
* Comprehensive understanding of MOD and Government acquisition policy and standard MoD DEFCONS/DEFFORMS.
* Commercial shrewdness, including strong negotiating skills.
* The ability to pragmatically identifies risks and issues, and suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution
* Knowledge and (ideally) experience of BS11000 philosophy
* Robust character with the ability to be fully integrated into the business from day one whilst maintaining clear Commercial integrity
Please note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
Salary and package can be discussed upon application for the position, if you have any queries regarding the role, please apply now and we can discuss at a convenient time
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.