Ben specialises in rail, cost and commercial management recruitment, placing candidates from senior to associate director level within contracting firms and consultancies. I excel in candidate management, placing people in the right position. My expertise covers rail, commercial management, quantity surveying, cost engineering and cost management.
Commercial Manager (Rail Infrastructure)
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Commercial Manager (Rail Infrastructure)
UK infrastructure is presently going through a period of unprecedented growth, and with HS2 at its core, there has never been a better time to seize the opportunity to make your mark as we connect London and the North with High Speed rail. Calling upon over 50 years' experience in delivering innovative rail and infrastructure solutions, my client has been chosen as a design partner for one of HS2's key civils stages.
The success of this work relies heavily on the appointment of a Commercial Manager, who will play an integral part in the client's JV project team, managing all commercial services through the project life cycle.
How you will make a difference
* Post-contract commercial management services aimed at maintaining effective cost control throughout the duration of the project
* Undertaking all relevant commercial management duties in conformance with policies and procedures
* Coordinating and analysing all relevant commercial data for the monthly
* Working with the project team in managing the cost impact and validation of change/compensation events
* Post-contract management through to settlement of final accounts and internal reconciliations to facilitate project close out in line with project budgets and project plan
* Providing clear cost and contractual advice and maintaining a close working relationship with all parties in the Design Joint Venture management team, throughout the project life cycle
* Analysing cost performance data and providing relevant input for monthly performance reports
* Coordinating with and supporting the project controls team
* Managing all commercial correspondence and contractual notices issued in accordance with contractual conditions
* Identifying emerging problems, reporting contractual claims and supporting in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in conjunction with senior management.
Are you what we're looking for?
As the successful applicant, you will ideally have:
* A proven background in high value civil or rail engineering projects, gained within a main contracting or contracting alliance environment
* Full competence with all aspects of post-contract commercial management including; payment, variations, change and claims management and final account settlement
* The ability to implement and manage effective cost control processes
* An understanding of change, risk and contingency management processes
* Specific understanding of railway and construction industry contracts, ideally NEC3 standard forms
* Confident in ability to resolve contractual disputes.
If you have the skill set required and are actively seeking a new opportunity to enhance your career or gain experience of working on a flagship project, then apply today.
Calling all contractors! If you have comparative experience and are open to a short term engagement, please also register your interest.
A full job description is available upon request.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.