I am a specialist rail recruiter with four years’ experience within the industry. I head up our rail civil engineering department, purely focusing on recruiting the best talent for our clients. My aim is to grow this area, and to work with some of the biggest rail civil engineering clients and consultancies on some of the most exciting rail projects.
My client are currently looking for a Commercial Manager to work on the Crossrail project in the central London area. This role would involve assisting the commercial lead in contract management in the areas of risk, variations of ongoing works, monitor performance, analysis of contracts, writing delivery reports and recommend corrective actions.
Job DescriptionMain challenges of the job
* Supporting the Project Manager in providing the Project Team with reviews and analysis of the contract performance data.
* Supporting the Project Manager in maintaining a working relationship with the Project, Functional and Corporate Teams.
* Managing multiple framework and construction contracts.
* Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* Experience and some formal training in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control.
* Thorough knowledge of contract administration as appropriate to a multi-discipline major UK construction project.
* Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
* Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.