Specialising in cost and commercial management within civil engineering. Placing candidates from senior to associate director level within contracting firms and consultancies. I excel in candidate management, placing people in the right position. My expertise covers commercial management, quantity surveying, cost engineering and cost management.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Bristol Salary circa £55000 - £70000 per annum My client is a growing Rail Infrastructure company who provides a unique opportunity to offer 'complete solutions' and 'individual products' to any customer requiring design, installation, testing, commissioning and product support for signalling, telecommunications and power applications.
Job DescriptionAs the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for acting as a project commercial lead and will support the commercial management of the project, managing the client payment cycle up to and including final account, ensuring maximum income, improved margins and best possible cash flow is achieved.
The day to day responsibilities will include
* Manage the client payment cycle up to and including Final Account as means to maximise income, improve margin and achieve best possible cash flow position.
* Manage Sub-contractors from project start up, ensuring detailed and well-structured sub-contracts are in place.
* Manage the accurate reporting of liabilities. Pay sub-contractors and issue notices strictly in accordance with contractual and legal requirements.
* Contribute to and implement Project Commercial Management Plans whilst incorporating Best Practice.
* Both identify and mitigate project and commercial risk
* Provide specific contract review support to the tender and estimating process
* Manage a dynamic commercial team whilst promoting the importance of hiring permanent members of staff and drawing the attention away from agency and contract staffing solutions,
* Provide the commercial staff with training to ensure best practice and effective management of their projects and business units.
The Successful Individual
* Contractor background with a proven and strong multi-discipline background within design and build rail projects.
* Up to date and working knowledge of construction industry standard forms of contract and commercial terms and associated construction legislation
* A professional qualification within Quantity Surveying and ideally chartered
* Candidates with a proven background in Rail and Rail Signalling projects will be strongly considered.
* Should you be interested in the above opportunity please submit your CV to or call to discuss in further detail.
and call on 02392 458010
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.