I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Commercial / Contracts Specialist
Commercial / Contracts Specialist
Are you an experienced Commercial Specialist looking for a new opportunity?...
Job DescriptionJob Title: Commercial / Contracts Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £59,000 + Benefits
I am currently working on behalf of a client who are an international defence organisation looking to recruit a Commercial/ Contacts Specialist to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company and serve as a primary commercial interface with customers, suppliers and internal organisations on assigned programmes.
Your responsibilities in the position will include
* Draft and negotiate agreements and to recommend or make commercial decisions involving legal, financial and programmatic issues.
* Be a key contributor to the formulation and execution of business strategy for the programmes they support, working closely with one or more project managers and their teams.
* Hold full commercial responsibility for existing programmes of significant value and complexity and be involved in the commercial support of new business.
* Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
* Negotiate, administer, extend, terminate and renegotiate standard and nonstandard contracts.
* Evaluate contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
* Maintain communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties.
* Ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
* Plan and participate in training of contract practices and negotiations to company personnel. Considered an expert in his or her field within the organization.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Commercial management of multiple, complex customer and related subcontract agreements with minimum management assistance
* To fully understand the customer contracts (and any related subcontracts) for their assigned programmes and will be expected to be the "go to person" for contractual/commercial advice and support
* Experience within Defence, Aerospace, Engineering or similar
* Utilising knowledge of the contract to understand business risk and ensuring that such risks are identified and communicated appropriately to Programme Managers and management
* Lead on the negotiation of contractual agreements (new business and change control) and the resolution of customer contractual disputes, including the identification of both avoidance strategies in advance and resolution (at least cost/risk) strategies after the fact
* To develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
* Work with and advise the project team in order to ensure contractual compliance on assigned programmes, including relevant flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers
* Liaise with internal organisation, customers and suppliers as necessary in support of programmes or new business opportunities and provide commercial guidance and advice as necessary
* Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organisation objectives
* Expected to be able to positively influence analysis, planning and negotiation strategy.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Commercially leads the issue and analysis of RFQs/ITTs to suppliers for assigned programmes or new business opportunities
* Leads commercial vetting of responses
* Lead negotiator on non-standard complex agreements with customers and/or subcontractors
Please Note: Due to the nature of the position you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.