I specialise in virtualisation and storage recruitment. I’m constantly speaking to candidates working for some of the industry’s biggest and most interesting players. I secure new opportunities for engineers, consultants and architects. This includes pre and post sales delivery, as well as end users.
Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer required for an international technology solutions provider. Exciting opportunity to work with the latest technology within a highly skilled team.
Job Description• Up to £55k base - Dependant on experience.
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
£35,000 - £55,000 (DOE) + benefits
COMPANY & ROLE
An international technology solutions provider with 33,000 employees across 30 countries.
Due to sector growth they have a great opportunity for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join their Security & Defence team in Farnborough on a permanent basis.
You will be joining an exceptional and dynamic team, delivering a critical service to clients using cutting edge infrastructure technology.
As you will be working very closely with clients in a genuine integrated project environment you must be able to secure SC clearance.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The specific programme you will be supporting involves the maintenance of a newly established service and the full life cycle of design through test and acceptance of new capabilities.
Applying your expertise, you will develop and test infrastructure service solutions to ensure they maintain a high level of availability and minimise the risk of system downtime. You will also offer our clients a range of practical and innovative solutions which deliver against security requirements.
Typical duties include:
• Support the assessment of customer requirements for new capabilities
• Propose, implement and test changes to the service in accordance with customer requirements
• Complete changes to the service in accordance with the change management process
• Introduce new capabilities whilst maintaining service delivery
• Investigate service incidents and problems, including problem diagnosis and resolution
• Develop and maintain knowledge articles to support service administration
• Develop and maintain design and operational documentation
As an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will have proven success in supporting complex IT infrastructure services. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate experience or knowledge in the following areas:
• Experience of public cloud services such as MS Azure
• Experience of Linux operating systems such as Red Hat
• Knowledge of Windows Server including ActiveDirectory, GPO & DHCP
• Experience of network infrastructure including firewalls and storage
• Experience of ITSM applications such as SD+
• Working knowledge of modern ITSM and engineering technologies, toolsets and processes
• Broad experience of virtual infrastructure eservices, operating systems, applications and data
• Experience of Barracuda & Fortinet products
• Experience working within an ITIL framework
Please note all successful applicants must have the necessary residency requirements to achieve security clearance at the appropriate level for this position.
Up to £55k base - Dependant on experience.
Contributory Pension Scheme
•Private Medical Insurance
•33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
•Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.