I specialise in virtualisation and storage recruitment. I’m constantly speaking to candidates working for some of the industry’s biggest and most interesting players. I secure new opportunities for engineers, consultants and architects. This includes pre and post sales delivery, as well as end users.
Cloud Automation Architect
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Cloud Automation Architect
Fantastic opportunity for Cloud Automation Architect to join a highly regarded IT Solutions provider working into build and enhance the IaaS offering through automation and orchestration.
Job DescriptionCloud Automation Architect
£60,000 - £75,000 base (DOE) + Car allowance & additional benefits.
Contact: Aaron Lofthouse - Cloud,Virtualisation & Storage - ARM Recruitment.
An international IT Solutions Provider with significant expertise in the design, delivery and support of enterprise Infrastructure solutions.
Their highly trained workforce coupled with the highest vendor accreditations makes them truly experts in their field.
- Provide thought and technical leadership for Infrastructure Monitoring and Automation for both the internal Cloud Platform and associated Hybrid IT deployment models.
- Design and build infrastructure and cloud automation and monitoring solutions that bridge the gaps in existing infrastructure and cloud management products
- Design and build solutions that meet stringent security standards including PCI
- Develop and maintain consistent architecture standards and roadmaps
- SME for automation and orchestration capability in a Hybrid IT deployment model covering hybrid cloud, converged infrastructure, cloud management, orchestration, monitoring and automation tools within the Platform Team.
- Provide Level 3 Support for Platform/Cloud, HA and DR technologies
- Provide Level 2/3 Support for Platform/Orchestration and Automation technologies
- Develop / Support key operational processes, including change, problem, incident and demand management to ensure Platform meets regulatory and customer requirements.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and engage at all levels across the business:
- Ability to act as a source of information and advice to the rest of the business becoming THE problem solver and trusted SME.
- Provide versatile troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the ability to 'think on your feet' and respond to a diverse range of challenges.
- Candidate must have extensive, demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Developing Hybrid Cloud / Enterprise Infrastructure Automation designs and standards.
- Producing, supporting and maintaining products in a managed service context.
- Interpreting, understanding and solving complex technical problems.
- Understanding Cloud Platforms from a service provider perspective.
- Understanding of Cloud and Infrastructure automation and orchestration
- Regulatory frameworks, such as PCI-DSS, and a good understanding of the work required attaining and maintaining these
As well as these, the ideal candidate would also demonstrate broad technical knowledge and experience of a number of the following technologies:
- Domain Services: Active Directory, DNS, Certification
- vCloud Director - Azure, Softlayer, AWS could be desirable.
- Infrastructure Automation - vRealize, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant
- Monitoring Tools: vROps, Spectrum UIM/Nimsoft
- Scripting Languages such as Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, PowerShell or Java
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.