I work within the IT sector and help make life easier for candidates when it comes to finding a new job. IT is dynamic and constantly growing. I focus on everything from project managers to software developer roles.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Opportunity for a Category Manager who is looking for a role in an interesting organisation that is passionate about customer success. If you are looking for an engaging career in a collaborative culture, read on and apply now if you feel its the right role for you!
Job DescriptionCategory Manager - Glasgow
£ To be discussed pa + benefits
Are you an experienced Category Manager looking for your next role? My client has an exciting opportunity based in Glasgow. This is a new position which will be focused on developing and implementing global sourcing strategies and agreements for commodities to allow the business to leverage the best valued solutions.
A global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
This position reports to the Procurement Manager, the post holder will be authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals and serves as a primary interface with internal customers and suppliers. You will have the following key responsibilities:
Undertake Source Selection:
* Issue and analyse Request for Quotes (RFQ's)
* Vetting of responses
* Assist with or make sourcing recommendations as appropriate and identify risks
* Finalise and place Purchase Orders in accordance with the acquisition procedures.
* Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
* Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
* Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
* Negotiate non-standard agreements with support as appropriate
* Develops a global sourcing strategy for commodities (categories.)
* Defines project scope and facilitates execution, identifying savings opportunities in order to provide differentiating value for the business
* Works with the Business and cross-functional teams of supply chain, component engineering, quality, finance and business operations professionals to analyse supply base risks & opportunities, support program needs, identify new sources of supply and maximize the horizontal strength for the specific category
* Negotiates and manages contracts and relationships with suppliers
* Implements policies and metrics to ensure that savings goals are realized and performance requirements are achieved
An experienced Category Manager is required, with proven exposure to developing and implementing sourcing strategies for commodities for an organisation. In-addition, you will have the following skills:
* Possesses an in-depth understanding of category market space and supplier base in order to establish effective supplier relationships to drive innovative strategies that enhance performance
* Work with teammates and Suppliers to ensure that we jointly deliver project requirements on time and within budget
* Strong in working with procurement policies and procedures
* Flexible and self-motivated in achieving results with the ability to perform and relate role to the context and objectives of the business
* Plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve tight deadlines
* Develop strong positive relationships
* Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives
* Draft and negotiate standard/template procurement terms and confidentiality agreements
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.