Captain / Master (Cable Lay)
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Captain / Master (Cable Lay)
We are currently looking for Masters / Captains with experience of working with cable lay vessels to join our clients fleet.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Fleet Captain
ARM are currently working with a leading Cable and Marine company in the UK. Due to the recent win of new projects they now have a new requirement available for a Captain / Master to join their fleet of vessels.
You will be providing marine operational support to the Telecoms & Power Fleet of owned and managed vessels on value enhancement and protection. Leading the Operational Assurance Team ensuring they meet all objectives and KPI's set by the Marine Manager.
- Providing a visible and effective leadership example in RQHSE standards at all times, to all business partners, stakeholders and colleagues
Audit vessels under the following requirements if/when required:
- Navigational Audit
- Vessel general inspections
- Company Inspections
- Vessel readiness inspections
- Superintendent annual CMID
- External Audit preparation
- Assist both the vessels and the office in closing out existing CAPA's
- Support roll-out, awareness and engagement in RQHSE campaigns
- Dry-Dock attendance and assisting with Dry-Dock specification and planning
- Lead in Incident Investigations, producing the necessary reports
- Provide training to the fleet on various topics as directed by the Marine Manager
- Vessel HSE Inspections
- Review method statements, Risk Assessments and SSOW
- Assist in writing and reviewing company documentation including the Safety Management System.
- Assist with Employee Surveys, motivating the vessels to complete when required
- Support CASys management and training
- When required, act as a Project HSE representative
- Advice on Solution Design requirements
- Attendance at FMEA, DP and Sea Trials when required
- Complete supplier audits when requested
- Advice on product specification
- Assist the Marine Manager, RQHSE team and the Group as required.
Experience and Skills
- Masters STCW II/2 Certificate of Competency (Deck)
- Experience in Command
- Ability to communicate with industry bodies at a senior level
- Proactive problem solver
- Cultural awareness
- An ability to work enthusiastically as part of a team
- An ability to travel internationally (sometimes at short notice)
- Incident investigation experience
- Experience in a similar role of onshore management
- Experience of implementing cultural change or procedural improvement initiatives
- Previous Command of cable ships
- Experience of working within the oil and gas industry
- ISM Auditor
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Navigational Audits
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.