My team delivers a broad range of engineering talent to automotive OEM and consultancies. I find the entire vehicle development process fascinating, and as a result, many of my greatest achievements have been within this field. I've been particularly successful in the volume delivery of design engineers and CAE/CFD engineers.
CAD Engineer - Interiors
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
CAD Engineer - Interiors
CAD Engineer - Interior Trim (£30p/h) NX
Job DescriptionCAD Engineer - Interior Trim
Standard Rates: 28-30 GBP per Hour
The job holder will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the realisation of body interior component design & package on all aspects of interior components of future vehicle platforms in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings. This role also requires some level of project engineering responsibility.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
? CAD design and NX modelling of interior trim components from concept to completion in line with Programme milestones.
? Preparation of detailed drawings to drafting standards
? Management of CAD into Teamcenter ensuring all model attributes are completed
? Preparation and completion of engineering release packs
? Work under the direction of Project engineer/PMST leader on a day to day basis
? Support/investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
• Knowledge of interior trim components, Carpets, plastic injection moulding components, Vac formed parts, S-RIMM, machined metal products and metal bracketry etc. Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems would also be advantageous.
• Good knowledge of GD&T.
• Experienced NX user.
• A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of the AML MISSION process and participation in PMST teams would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
• The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
• Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
• Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.