CAD Engineer- Braking System
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
CAD Engineer- Braking System
You may also be known as: CAD Engineer- Braking System We have an opportunity within a leading automotive client, based out of their Warwickshire head office. As CAD Engineer- Braking System we feel this opportunity would be a great move for someone already within the Automotive Industry and will allow you to work in a forward-thinking and market leading business.
Job DescriptionDivision: Chassis Engineering
Location: 18 - Gaydon
Job Type: Contract
Pay Rate: £24.17
You may also be known as: CAD Engineer- Braking System
We have an opportunity within a leading automotive client, based out of their Warwickshire head office. As CAD Engineer- Braking System we feel this opportunity would be a great move for someone already within the Automotive Industry and will allow you to work in a forward-thinking and market leading business.
The Brake Pipes team are responsible for the detailed design of Brake Pipes and other miscellaneous components for all automotive programmes. A high level CAD Engineer is required to produce detailed CAD models for these components. This involves complex routing installations requiring the CAD Engineer to model in both solids and surfaces. Working to the high CAD standards to ensure robust package routings and models will be key as is including all details to ensure the components can be manufactured. This role also includes release of components so an ability to produce detailed drawings through Teamcenter will be required. Additional, good communication skills and assertiveness are required to successfully participate in multi-functional vehicle package reviews. Key Responsibilities The candidate will contribute towards the design and delivery of all aspects of the Actuation and Modulation brake components on the allocated vehicle programme or platform. The candidate will work with the Lead Engineers to deliver the technical and gateway deliverables on a Vehicle brakes programmes. To be part of the multi-functional automotive team who will deliver: Lead packaging resolution, Support supplier sourcing with designs, CAD and Engineering Statement of Work, Coordinate design activities with suppliers, Issue management & resolution. Engineering design release, Lead part design communication, Brake system launch into volume production.
1) Catia V5 & V6 for solids and surface modelling & ability to use kinematics analysis (package checks).
2) Teamcenter Knowledge of the system and component requirements of an automotive braking system.
3) Ability to communicate confidently and accurately in meetings and by means of presentations & written documents using MS Office applications and other proprietary IT tools.
1) Ability to work in a fast paced environment where success is measured by successful delivery to target which can only be achieved by effectively managing resources and communications in a collaborative and supportive way.
2) CAD Model creation CAD model manipulation Use of CAD / CAE tools Knowledge of automotive brake system design.
1) Ability to use CATIA CAE function Ability to use kinematics analysis (package checks).
2) Ability to control and release components and drawings through Teamcenter.
3) Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.