I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Buyer required for a leading defence organisation...
Job DescriptionJob Title: Procurement Officer / Buyer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 + Benefits
I am currently working on behalf of a client who are an international defence organisation looking to recruit a Procurement Officer to be responsible for material masters, approved vendor registration and invoicing queries. You will work as part of the purchasing team to provide segregation of duties whilst facilitating the Purchasing Function.
Your key responsibilities as part of the role
* Undertake Source Selection under the supervision of the Line Manager and/or senior members of the Commercial team:
* Issue and analyse Invitation to Tenders (ITT's)
* Assist with or make sourcing recommendations as appropriate and identify risks
* Draft, issue and administer purchase orders in Purchase to Payment/Exostar (P2P) System and/or other authorised Purchase mechanisms
* Process Requisitions in Purchase to Payment/Exostar (P2P) system and/or other authorised Purchase mechanisms
* Conduct negotiations under the review of senior members of the Commercial team or support negotiations led by senior Commercial team members:
* Participate as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
* Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
* Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
* Negotiate non-standard agreements with support as appropriate
* Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
* Prepare and/or assist in preparation of written correspondence, presentations, reports and contract summaries and briefs management on related issues.
* Draft Non-Disclosure Agreements and letters using the company templates, under the guidance of a commercial lead.
* Maintain the official records of negotiation and accurate files of all correspondence and contract etc
* Draft and approve commercially sound low complexity Purchase orders in the P2P system. Negotiate and co-ordinate additions, deletions and modifications to Purchase Orders. Maintain and update procurement database and share drive with all Purchase Order information.
* An experienced administrator working under the broad direction of a commercial lead.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* P2P, Exostar, & SAP Procurement experience
* Experience with ITT’s and RFQ’s
* Previous experience of working in a busy business environment with the ability to prioritise and calmly work under pressure
* Experience within Defence, Engineering or similar environment
* Strong administrative skills with good oral and written communication skills. Good attention to detail and diligent in ensuring accuracy
* Flexibility to work multiple tasks concurrently
* Able to demonstrate computer competency and be able to work within various contracts and financial systems to update, maintain or extract contract data. PC literate: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email protocol
* Ability to develop strong positive relationships with internal and external customers.
* Good sense of humour and ability to work in a team
Please Note: Due to the nature of the position you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.