I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
One of the world's largest defence companies are now seeking a talented Buyer to join their team in Stevenage. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing support to the Group Category Manager for Enterprise Software and Information Systems Services. We are ideally seeking somebody with strong experience in IM Procurement with major enterprise software editors such as Microsoft, Oracle & SAP.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Buyer
Salary: Up to £32 per hour Ltd
Duration: 6 Months
One of the world's largest defence companies are now seeking a talented Buyer to join their team in Stevenage. This is an initial 6 month contract with rates up to £32 per hour Ltd. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Buyer will be responsible for providing support to the Group Category Manager for Enterprise Software and Information Systems Services. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working with internal stakeholders to understand and define requirements
* Lead competitions, negotiate, draft and review contracts in support of the above activities
* Conduct market intelligence gathering to support sourcing actions
* Operational management of IS service providers
* Placing of orders and other administrative tasks
* Experience in IM procurement is essential preferable with major enterprise software editors (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, SAP) and the provision of IS services
* Ability to coordinate with the category managers to deliver briefs, updates and reports for senior management reviews within an international environment
* Minimum of 3 years Procurement experience required
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.