Meet James, who specialises in Microsoft Cloud Technologies jobs within the IT industry.
Business Intelligence (B.I.) Developer
Business Intelligence (B.I.) Developer
My client is one of the largest lifestyle clothing and accessories retailers in the UK. They are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to maintain, develop and grow their reporting capabilities. This will involve working closely with the IT Department to capture new requirements and find opportunities to improve the reporting and analysis services. This client has a Microsoft focused IT department so SQL SSRS and SSAS skills will be of vital to the success of this role.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Business Intelligence Developer
£45,000 - £50,000
My client is one of the largest lifestyle clothing and accessories retailers in the UK. They are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to maintain, develop and grow their reporting capabilities working closely with business stakeholders and the IT Department to capture new requirements and continuously find opportunities to improve the reporting and analysis services they offer. This client has a Microsoft focused IT department so your SQL SSRS and SSAS skills will be of vital importance to the success of this role.
Experience level / Qualification level
* ***Experience as a B.I Developer, using SSRS, SSAS and related technologies.***
* Experience as a DBA or technical environment is an advantage.
* Microsoft SQL Server qualifications
* Retail industry experience an advantage
* Experience of .NET development skills using VB or C#
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
* Develop and improve existing data warehouse using SSAS
* Develop new and maintain existing reports, using SSRS, striving to improve the data content, reliability and usability of all reports
* Liaise with third-parties to ensure reporting environments are readily available.
* Proactively manage and maintain security standards and controls.
* QC and testing tasks to support delivery of new functionality.
* Maintain the life cycle and capacity management of all reporting technologies.
* Support the ongoing consolidation of reporting services.
* Ensure all data sources are secure and access is controlled, reviewed and auditable.
* Ensure all data and database platform solutions are highly available.
* Support ETL, application and middleware developers in their efforts to deliver data solutions, in an accurate, reliable manner.
* Provide third-line support & escalation for day-to-day operational issues.
* Proactively manage, monitor and maintain all reporting technologies
* Configure, maintain and get maximum value from proactive monitoring and analysis tools.
* Work with third parties for new installations, upgrades, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and general advice and guidance as required.
* Work closely with colleagues in all IT disciplines to share knowledge, ensure consistency and improve service levels.
* Contribute to the use and maintenance of Development Environments and Source Control platforms.
* As a B.I. Developer, you are responsible for the strategic direction and ongoing development of the data warehouse.
* You will support a reporting services environment to enable the business to make informed business and trading decisions for competitive advantage. Accurate data is at the heart of all commercial operations, your skill as a
* B.I. developer will ensure all reporting & analytical services are developed in an innovative, reliable and secure way, to improve the performance of the business and ensure data is readily available 24/7.
* Create and maintain high-quality documentation and information data in line with the technical standards.
* Build strong relationships in the business to understand business objectives, specific reporting requirements and how the reports you developer & maintain add value to the business.
* Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 versions.
* Strong technical skills in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
* Strong experience using Visual Studio and facilitating source control software.
* Strong operational experience in performance management, troubleshooting and configuration.
* Experience of performance tuning and optimising T-SQL, Stored procedures and indexing.
* Experience of .NET development skills using VB or C#.
* Experience with mobile reporting, dashboards, KPIs, PowerBI and PowerPivot.
* Detailed technical knowledge of SQL technologies and processes for the maintenance and monitoring of databases and SQL Server.
* Knowledge of data warehouse querying languages, such as MDX or DAX
* Knowledge of technologies such as JIRA and Solarwinds an advantage.
* Able to train and educate others via documentation, on-the-job training, workshops and day-to-day working.
* Strong interest in Big Data, analytics, data architecture and modelling.
* Able to understand business requirements and turn them into technical solutions and designs.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.