My areas of expertise are automotive OEM, consultancy, tier one suppliers and medical engineering, within mechanical and electrical engineering. I have been successful placing engineers, from graduate to chief engineer level within automotive engineering, covering controls and electronics, chassis engineering, body engineering, test and development engineers on various commodities.
Business Development Manager - Engine Sales
Business Development Manager - Engine Sales
Our client is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted them to power their world. They're looking for a Business Development Manager to join their Peterborough location on a permanent basis to develop their sales across the EAME region.
Job DescriptionBusiness Development Manager - Sales - (Job Number: 1600061P)
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £54,992 to £68,740 (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, excellent bonus, car cash allowance, contributory pension scheme, share scheme,
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Travel: Approximately 50% - position could require extensive travel
Visa/Sponsorship: Not available with this role
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
The EAME Regional Sales Team is a part of the Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD). The team has the responsibility to lead the customer relationships in multiple countries or continents. They have responsibility for account management and business growth of factory direct accounts operating across the Agriculture, Electric Power, Construction and Industrial Sectors operating in the EAME Region.
Primarily the Business Development Manager will coordinate the development of the Europe, Africa, Middle East (EAME) regional growth plan.
The Business Development Manager works to improve an organisation’s market position and achieve financial growth. The role will define organisational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to;
As the BDM within EAME you will personally champion key new opportunities through to a clear acquisition stage…defined, declared and documented in Performance Plans.
You will plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. You will develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
You will work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. You may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company.
You will be responsible to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. Attendance of industry functions, such as association events and conferences, (and providing feedback and information on market and creative trends and critical customer requirements) is also expected.
Other duties include:
• Prospect targeted OEMs in our identified priority segments and turn this into increased business.
• Work with the Sales team to develop the regional growth plan, and pipeline of opportunities. Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
• Develop sales targets in conjunction with the Regional Sales Director, and ensure they are met by the team.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
• Participate in developing the commercial solution/service.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Within IPSD, as the BDM, you will have responsibility for the EAME region and will be located in the regional office in Peterborough.
This role reports directly to the IPSD Regional Sales Director.
Required Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
• Strong business acumen / substantial knowledge of commercial aspects of industrial machines, capital equipment or diesel engines
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
• Excellent prospecting skills.
• Strong networking ability.
• Strong Negotiation and influencing skills.
• Self-Starter & ability to work independently.
• Ability to travel extensively and effectively work remotely.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to build short long term relationships
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.