I joined ARM as a Junior Consultant and have been within the Group for nearly three years, so have a good understanding of the rail industry and the recruitment process. My aim is to successfully meet my clients' needs and assist them with identifying talent and filling roles. I look forward to building bigger, better and stronger relationships not only with our clients but candidates too.
Building Control Surveyor
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Building Control Surveyor
Building Control Surveyor Location: London Rate: £30k - £40k Depending on experience Perm My client is currently looking for a Building Control Surveyor to join their team in Barnet, North London.
Job DescriptionThe Team
The team is made up of experienced and qualified surveyors who have great local knowledge and provide practical advice and guidance at every step of the way.
They work with homeowners, local builders, architect and agents to make sure that work carried out is safe, well-built and energy efficient.
In 2016, they client worked with some of the country's biggest developers, and now in 2017 they wish to expand their non-core work; grow the already talented team and be the local leader in delivering CPD to builders, architects and investors.
This role requires you to be able to provide a range of professional and technical skills. To discharge the Council's delegated powers and duties as required under the Building Regulations, Building Act and associated legislation. Assist in the provision of service for the diverse range of activities.
Key responsibilities of the role are (but are not limited to):
* Ensure that all works controlled under the Building Regulations and associated legislation are undertaken in such a manner as to comply with substantive provisions.
* Provide professional advice and guidance to all users of the service and recommend innovative and practical solutions to complex building regulation queries.
* Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the Building Control Service so as to minimise the loss of work to Approved Inspectors in the private sector.
* Assist the Area Manager in the delivery of a cost effective service
* Assist in reviewing, recommending and implementing changes to office procedures to optimise working practices
* Deputise and take decisions for the Area Manager in their absence
* Assist the Area Manager in checking reports, recommendations and decisions on Building Regulation matters that are delegated from the Head of Building Control and Structure
* Undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder
* Responsible for undertaking Disabled Access Audits
* Ensure safe and efficient delivery of service by achieving high standards of health and safety and reducing risk
* Previous successful experience in a building control section of a local authority or similar organisation processing complex building regulation applications; enforcing and remedying breaches.
* Competent user of IT, its application and potential application within a local government environment e.g. Uniform and Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook.
* Good knowledge of current building control legislation, guidance and issues relevant to the post specifically and the service generally
* An understanding of London or metropolitan/regional and local government building control and associated issues, policy trends and legal processes.
* Knowledge of the legislative requirements in relation to proposed demolition
* Understanding of LABC initiatives such as the Partner Authority and Type Approval schemes.
* A working knowledge of sustainability issues as they relate to building construction and design.
* Effective customer care skills and ability to successfully handle complaints.
* Ability to ensure that services provided are of a high quality and to agreed targets and service outcomes.
* Practical understanding of the implications of Health and Safety legislation particularly in relation to personal safety and the safety of others
* Relevant building degree
* Full driving licence and personal transport.
* Able to make site inspections including ability to climb ladders
* Not active in politics to a degree breeching the legislative restrictions on this post
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.