Specialising in cost and commercial management within civil engineering. Placing candidates from senior to associate director level within contracting firms and consultancies. I excel in candidate management, placing people in the right position. My expertise covers commercial management, quantity surveying, cost engineering and cost management.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Bid Writer Competitive Salary Commutable from Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Horsham and Haywards Heath My client a leader within the provision of transport infrastructure solutions is seeking a Bid Writer to join their successful bid team at their head office in West Sussex. In return for your efforts you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, benefits package and also be given support with your career goals and objectives.
Job DescriptionBid Writer
Commutable from Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Horsham and Haywards Heath
My client a leader within the provision of transport infrastructure solutions is seeking a Bid Writer to join their successful bid team at their head office in West Sussex.
In return for your efforts you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, benefits package and also be given support with your career goals and objectives.
You will be working closely with the business winning and support teams with a focus on obtaining information in preparation for writing bid solutions for prequalification and tender submissions.
* To support Bid Managers and Solution Leads as directed and produce well-structured written responses to Client's requirements and agreed company solutions.
* To liaise and work closely with all members of the Strategy, Bidding, Project Engineering, Procurement and Commercial Team and the wider Support Services in developing and completing written responses for bids.
* To carry out relevant research and liaise with appropriate departments and specialists to obtain relevant information/details to allow written solutions to be developed and considered.
* To provide support for the development and maintenance of internal bid processes as directed and gathering/updating evidence library as required.
* Challenging existing protocols and practices where appropriate contributing to continual improvement for the success of tenders and overall company performance.
* To demonstrate appropriate working knowledge, training and qualifications for the post.
* To ensure all issues and relevant information that is communicated is considered in developing and completing written solutions.
* To ensure written responses for prequalification and tender submissions are completed in a timely manner and that they are in accordance with agreed deliverable's.
* To generate written responses that are completed to a high acceptable standard and are compliant, clear and customer focused.
Coupled with a good standard and level of general education you will have a proven background in producing written commentaries and solutions for prequalification and tender submission documents.
A background within the highway and civil engineering sector is desirable.
A strong understanding of operational and technical issues and considerations to allow the compilation of written solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities is also desirable.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS:
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and within an integrated team working environment.
* Ability to research and interpret information.
* Graphic design skills would be desirable
* Excellent time management and organisational skills.
* Able to travel and work away from home as and when required.
* Enthusiastic approach to continual development
If you want a chance to work with an industry leader with a presence across the UK then get in touch today.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.