My clients range from high technology vendors, integrators and consultancies to finance, government and public sector. One of my strengths is definitely my ability to strike up a rapport from the very first call and to build and maintain that relationship.
Automation Test Analyst
Automation Test Analyst
Our client requires Automation Test Analyst who will be tasked with creating an automated regression suite coded in JAVA that regression tests 80% of the system to 20% low level function/data variation
Job DescriptionAutomation Test Analyst
6 months initially
Our client requires Automation Test Analyst who will be tasked with creating an automated regression suite coded in JAVA that regression tests 80% of the system to 20% low level function/data variation (80/20 rule) and also structure the regression suite to be a hybrid of module driven and data driven test scripts.
Responsibilities will include -
- Structure the automation test environment to include cross-browser testing.
- Create test scripts with embedded English comments to explain the actions of the test, to a level that they can be reviewed and understood by all other Test Analysts in the team.
- Create a hierarchical index of the content of the regression suite to demonstrate function coverage of the system.
- Create data files that can be readily identified and mapped to the system so that the data range can be expanded to create additional data variations.
- Establish the reporting mechanism to obtain test execution results (e.g. integration with JIRA or TestLink, output files etc.).
- Document the automation test environment such as the automation tools used and tool integration requirements etc.
- Document the Regression Suite Maintenance process and its procedures.
- Document the Regression Suite Execution process and its procedures.
- Create a suite of Smoke tests with supporting maintenance and execution procedures.
- Provide strategic and technical support if required on other areas of automation testing such as TDD and BDD.
- Provide support to the QA Test Team during the handover of automation activities.
- Support the QA Test Team during the transition period of new starters by performing test analysis, test design, manual and automated test execution and test reporting on any development that has been assigned to them for verification testing.
There is already a regression suite for the system but it is coded in C# using Visual Studio 2012 and Selenium IDE as the initial capture tool/element identifier. This suite has fallen behind the recent upgrades and extended functionality of the system and is not structured in the most flexible framework of which the decision to recreate it was made.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.