I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Assistant Project Manager
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Assistant Project Manager
An opportunity exists for an Assistant Project Manager to grow and extend their programme management skills as the Maritime Programme Directorate (PD) continues to grow. Working as a Programme Manager across the Maritime PD the successful candidate will play a key part in ensuring the successful delivery and evolvement of the Maritime franchise, introducing new and innovative capabilities to the Royal Navy and international customers.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Assistant Project Manager
Salary: Up to £44,000 + Benefits
Location: Havant (Commutable from: Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester, Bournemouth, Petersfield and Fareham)
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Project Manager to join their team in Havant. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £44,000 + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated and talented individual to grow and extend their programme management skills as the Maritime Programme Directorate (PD) continues to grow. Working as a Programme Manager across the Maritime PD the successful candidate will play a key part in ensuring the successful delivery and evolvement of the Maritime franchise, introducing new and innovative capabilities to the Royal Navy and international customers.
Within the role the successful Programme Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the team to deliver programme milestones to cost, schedule and performance. Delivering enduring end user capability that truly adds value is paramount to drive continued growth of the Maritime PD.
At this stage and evolution of the Maritime franchise this role presents a unique opportunity for the candidate to join this expanding business, and become a key future leader within this organisation.
* Previously involved in the management of complex systems integration projects, principally involving defence programmes and maritime systems.
* Demonstrated Programme Management skills through phases of the programme life cycle.
* The ability to establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with customers and colleagues.
* The ability to create and manage teams to achieve objectives.
* Ability to organise and prioritise own and the teams workload.
* Ability to tailor process.
* Ability to maximise results through respect and trust of the team.
* Experience in both engineering lifecycle and programme management disciplines, ideally within the Maritime environment.
* Experience working with similar MoD customer sets.
* Experience in opportunity identification.
* Ability to embrace change in a growing and dynamic organisation.
* Earned Value Management
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.