Meet Charlie, junior recruitment consultant in our Manufacturing & Technologies team. He works a variety of engineering roles with clients in many different sectors.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Our client is a well renowned global aerospace company currently at the forefront of innovative technology for aerospace and defence. It is currently in need of an Assembly Operator to join its team in Brighton.
Job DescriptionAssembly Operator
Job type: Permanent
- Build and test precision electro/mechanical motors and various other company products to drawing to the relevant quality requirements.
- Assemblies include solder wires, tags, components to boards or terminals, bearing fitting, measurement of shaft radial and end play.
- Carry out electrical test and inspection to drawings and specification using appropriate equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi metres, vibration rigs and environmental ovens.
- Assess returns for repair/refurbishment and determine repair requirements (Defect Investigation Report). Strip, clean, test and re-build to specification.
- Complete test documentation and all relevant paperwork, and maintain traceability of individual parts.
- Conduct their work in a safe manner. Use PPE where appropriate.
- When required, carryout other reasonable tasks outside of the normal pattern of work as requested by the respective manager.
- Assist in training other members of staff when required.
- To man manage within authorised limits when supervisor is absent..
- To assist design department in trials and pre-production units.
- To liaise with PED in the writing of the manufacturing process ( route card narrative).offer process improvement and ensure a smooth transition of first batches of production units from design.
- Support activities in the Paveway department.
- Undertake training to become proficient in the assembly of electro\mechanical products within specifications and within set timescales.
- Ensure that the products conform to the relevant quality requirements.
- Be proficient in utilising any relevant equipment associated with the product build.
- Ensure that all respective paperwork/documentation is controlled and accurate.
- To conduct work in a safe manner using PPE as and when appropriate. Ensure that they and their colleagues are not put at risk. Please refer to risk assessments.
- Carry out other reasonable duties and instructions. This may include supporting other areas for a temporary period
- To support any external source inspections that occur in Paveway.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in the electro \mechanical field with proven fitting skills.
- 1. Experience in using precision measuring equipment and electronic test equipment such as; DMM, Megger¡¦s, oscilloscope, power suppliers etc
- Good understanding of Mechanical and Electrical Drawings
- 8. Experience in electro-mechanical fitting / assembly
- Poet truck and forklift truck licence.
Education / Training / Qualifications
- Electro-Mechanical engineering apprenticeship or equivalent experience desirable
To find out more please contact Charlie at 02392228265
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.