I make it my mission to find the best IT candidates for our corporate services client base. I cover all areas of IT contract roles, but my main focus is roles for one our key automotive clients. These roles can vary from application support to project managers and software developers to network analysts.
Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
An excellent opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join a world-leading, global security company based in Glasgow on a 3 month initial contract. Candidates will need to have strong Oracle Database experience.
Job DescriptionApplication Support Analyst
My client are looking for an Application Support Analyst with a strong track record in problem solving and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Application support for one or more customers’ critical business systems (COTS and bespoke).
- Handling customer incidents, problems and requests within Service Levels.
- Liaise with customers and other third parties to ensure incidents are resolved in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Answer questions from customers about the features and capabilities of the supported Applications.
- Produce both customer-facing and internal documentation as required in line with company and client standards.
- Participate and facilitate knowledge sharing between support, development and service delivery teams.
- Communicate customer requirements to our development team.
- Assist development teams in testing changes to supported applications.
- Perform a set of predefined administration tasks for the customers within the supported applications.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly system checks and maintenance tasks to ensure the availability and integrity of supported applications.
- Actively participate in Continual Service Improvement Activities in order to add value to the services provided to customers.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff within the organisation and customer
- Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Experience of applying processes and procedures
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Oracle Database experience essential
- Problem analysis and solving
- Bespoke application support
- Demonstrates appropriate technical competence
- Experience of working within a quality environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skill with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Experience of working within an IT support team
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Development skills (Oracle PL/SQL, .NETs)
- Operating System Support (Windows, Unix)
- Database Support (Oracle)
- Infrastructure support
- ITIL v3 Foundation
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.