Application Security Architect
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Application Security Architect
Application Security Architect wanted for 6 month rolling contract in Porto. Applicants must have 5+ years experience relevant to the key accountabilities below: * AppSec SME * Creation of security design documents and diagrams * Creation of secure system life cycle standards and secure coding standards * Adjust/draft solutions designs according to developments * Mapping of the systems estates & assessment for security gaps
Job DescriptionRole Profile
As an Application Security Architect you will have an in-depth background in secure system design, application design, and secure coding practices.
The role will see you typically engage alongside Security Solutions Architects, Network Security Architects, and Development teams. You will be an Application Security Subject Matter Expert, with an in-depth knowledge of secure system life cycle. You will add the fine detail to all security designs that have a requirement for an in-depth AppSec review and analysis.
You will be required to provide detailed designs regarding Application Security. An in-depth knowledge of the current threat landscape is essential but more importantly the application security controls and counter-measures that can be used to protect developed and deployed systems and applications.
Languages Required: Portuguese and English as a must and French as desirable
* · The creation, communication, and handling of the approval for application security designs created.
* · The subject matter expert for all assigned projects and initiatives
* · An absolute focus on Application Security and those security controls, standards, and processes in this space.
* · The creation of appropriate security design documents and diagrams for all projects and initiatives.
* · Provide full technical feedback to Development teams based on application and system deficiencies identified during reviews by providing technical documentation outlining the security posture of reviewed solutions
* · Provide Executive level non-technical analysis to effectively illustrate the potential impact of weaknesses identified to various audiences.
* · The creation of secure system life cycle standards and secure coding standards based on the threat landscape and industry best practices.
* · Responsible for the mapping of the entire IT / systems estates, and the assessment of the same for security gaps / flaws.
* · Stay abreast of the threat landscape specific to the client and adjust/draft solutions designs according to developments.
Required Skills & Experience
* 5-10 years’ experience in an application security architect function.
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* The ability to interface across the organization with other teams and managers of all levels.
* Analytical judgement and decision making skills
* Project management skills
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Must work be able to work well under pressure and prioritise workload appropriately
* Must be able to work well alone or as part of a team
* Ability to adjust to changing priorities while multitasking effectively.
* Ability to articulate complex security and privacy concepts to business users.
* Ability to communicate with clients in a professional manner.
* In-depth technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and security specific controls.
* Must have exceptional level of security skills in the application security field.
* Deep security knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and supporting infrastructure elements.
* Deep knowledge of secure system and application design and hardening. (OWASP, etc)
* Security industry certifications, such as; CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, Togaf, NIST, CSSLP
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.