I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
AIT Assembly Technician
AIT Assembly Technician
Experienced AIT Mechanical Technician required to fulfil an exciting role within the space sector...
Job DescriptionAIT Mechanical Assembly Technician
6 months initially
Main role: To perform mechanical integration assembly, harness wiring and facilitate performance testing of satellite payloads.
16 day work pattern
4 days(06:00 to 18:00) on 4 days off, 4 nights (18:00 to 06:00) on 4 nights off. Hours worked between 06:00 and 22:00 attract shift up lift of 20% hours between 22:00 and 06:00 attract 33% uplift.
* Perform payload equipment/ component receiving inspection, preparation (kits), assembly / installation for test and/or flight configuration. (Wave-guide and Units Assembly on various thermal fillers (encompassing skilled fitting operations)
* Document and complete work according to company procedures.
* Signoff/Complete Daily Integration log, work instruction and Connectivity Log, etc.
* Prepare, use, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances such as thermal filler, silver epoxy, Araldite, Electrodag and Solithane.
* Support MGSE handling and lifting operations. Using Overhead pendant cranes, and other lifting equipment.
* Prepare, clean, route, secure and mating / torque of flight and test coax cables
* DC harness connectors (installation and removal)
* Know and perform harness-securing methods such as fibreglass taping, tie wraps, lacing chord, tie bases. torque methods: order and value
* Thread and fillet locking methods: (Using epoxy and silicone based resins)
* Calibrate and properly use - torque tools / crimp tools (mechanical and harness) and required hardware.
* Understand technical documents (Drawings, procedures, technical notes, etc).
* Keep Integration areas (tools, toolboxes, workstations, etc) clean and tidy in accordance with 5S policy.
* Support On Shift work (50-100% of the time) for all hours 7 days a week onsite and perform offsite operations as required. Work hours will include periods of normal day work and 2 or 3 shift systems including weekend working.
* Use the machine shop for minor fabrication, modification and repair.
* Populate and rework Cannon D type connectors to ESA and company standards in accordance with Technical notes for non-flight applications
* Process Control inspection of Assembly, Integration and Test activity for spacecraft payloads.
* Monitoring and reporting of AIT process control criteria, including inspection verification of production activities, documentation records and collection/evaluation of metrics
* Working as a member of a project AIT team with electrical and mechanical specialists whose objective is to produce world leading satellite payloads.
* Production experience in high quality manufacturing area; Space/aerospace experience
* Apprenticeship in Aerospace/Space production or Maintenance.
* Must be able to work in confined spaces above floor level
* Experience of the following. Please note we are not looking for candidates with purely harness experience.
* Clean Room work
* Detailed assembly and fitting work (type of equipment and processes similar to, and to the standard required, for aerospace industry).
* Thread and fillet locking methods: (Solithane and Scotchweld)
* Understand technical documents
* Handling chemical and hazardous substances
* Harness-securing methods
* Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
* Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware.
* Desirable: ESA wiring, enthusiastic, team worker, self-starter
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.