AIT Assembly Team Leader
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
AIT Assembly Team Leader
A well-known global defence and security company is looking for an AIT assembly technician to join the team on a contract basis. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionMain role:
As the AIT assembly team leader you are expected to support the Integration Manager on mechanical assembly aspects of a project with respect to preparation and operations. As well as ensuring the operational team are focused on the correct priorities and are working to clearly identified deadlines for task and play a major role in operational process Improvement or Training.
Shift work and weekend work required. Successful candidates will initially be on straight days whilst they are trained, this is expected to be for a period of 1 to 2 weeks for which they will be paid the basic hourly rate. They will then move to a shift pattern, which varies dependent upon payload, however, the information below is indicative of the more common shifts and their allowances.
* Responsible for a Mechanical Assembly Team of up to 8 staff including subcontractors, supported by the Assembly Operations Manager
* Daily planning and completion, control and coordination of assembly documentation ensuring applicability and closure
* Daily personnel management, Timekeeping, Ensuring team complete Timesheets, Tooling, Behaviour, Team Morale
* Chair Daily Meetings during Communications Module mechanical phase
* Reports daily resource variance against the expected work package requirements to the Integration Manager
* Allocates tasks to team and ensures that the shifts are adequately loaded with materials and documentation
* Shift information management
* Performs Operations team Training
* Reviews skills requirements with the Integration manager in line with operational needs
* Process improvement implementation providing an active role in "lessons learned" to improve processes and identify problems encountered to the Integration manager
* Health & Safety Governance for Cell including product liability
* Implement and maintain 5S within the working area
* Mechanical Assembly, hands on (as required), serving as a Technical reference for the Project in the Cleanroom for AIT Mechanical Assembly Aspects
* Please note candidates must be prepared to work at other UK and International sites at 48 hours notice
Scope of activities
* Responsible to the AIT Integration Manager.
* Working as a member of an AIT team with electrical and mechanical specialists whose objective is to produce world leading satellite payloads. Being volunteer, professional, and ready to do anything else the team needs.
Qualifications and skills
* Recognized experience in team management.
* Apprenticeship in Aerospace/Space production or Maintenance.
* Autonomous, leading by example on Lean engineering and 5S.
* Mechanical Assembly experience in line with that of an ADS AIT Mechanical Assembly Technician i.e.
* Production experience in high quality manufacturing area;
* Space/aerospace experience
* Must be able to work in confined spaces above floor level
* Clean Room work Detailed assembly and fitting work (type of equipment and processes similar to, and to the standard required, for aerospace industry).
* Thread and fillet locking methods: (Solithane and Scotchweld)
* Understand technical documents
* Handling chemical and hazardous substances
* Harness-securing methods
* Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
* Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware.
* The ideal candidate must be willing to go through a basic security clearance check
* ESA Trainer certified
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.