I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking an Accounts Assistant to work onsite at HMNB Clyde, Faslane, on a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a 1 year fixed term contract with a salary of up to £22,000 per annum + fantastic company benefits. We are ideally seeking an AAT qualified (or part qualified) assistant. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: Up to £22,000 + Benefits
Location: Faslane (commutable from: Coulport, Helensburgh, Glasgow, Dumbarton, Paisley)
One of the world's largest defence companies are now seeking an Accounts Assistant to work on-site at HMNB Clyde, Faslane. This is a 1 year fixed term contract with a salary of up to £22,000 per annum + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Finance Team to deliver multiple deliverables across the accounting and financial control disciplines.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Support Financial Accountant in the management of the balance sheet items
* Management of AP balances including liaising with the UK Accounts Payable team
* Perform credit control duties to ensure cash is converted timely.
* Perform periodic asset audits as per the Assets Management process.
* Day to day management of cheque book and perform periodic cheque audits as per internal process.
* Support CAAS and Statutory audits including sampling support
* First POC for all timesheet queries and processing.
* Support month end activities including reporting.
* Monthly analysis of payroll and staff related costs.
* Processing manual overtime payments
* Other adhoc support
* AAT qualified or part qualified or other similar qualification
* Experience in a similar role
* A sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications is essential, specifically excel.
* Good communications and interpersonal skills essential.
* Experience and understanding of accounting principles.
* Understanding of AP function
* Experience of working in a SOX Compliance environment would be useful
* SAP experience or other ERP systems
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.