The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
A global aerospace and defence technology company is looking for a qualified Accountant to join its team in Lincoln. The Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Business & Finance Manager and will need to interface with internal customers.
Job DescriptionThe position will also be responsible for assisting with the implementation of standard processes, tools, financial planning and control practices supporting the UK-wide programmes on the Modifications side (growth engine).
* Lead and participate in the preparation of Annual Operating Plans/Long Term Strategic Plans for Modifications Contract activity and perform financial analysis such as Estimate at Complete, funding profiles, forecasting, dashboards and variance analysis
* Perform ad hoc reporting and financial analysis as required such as expenditure analysis, supplier payments and customer billings
* Incorporate contractual charges into control systems by monitoring progress against each project to ensure cost and schedule are maintained
* Support Bid / Proposal work as well as, internal reviews, pricing support, risk management and cash flow forecasting
* Lead programme financial modification reviews and other applicable meetings
* Financial Management experience desirable in a commercial environment
* Excellent Organisation, Interpersonal and Communication Skills
* Comfortable working to direction and to stated deadlines and priorities
* Computer Literacy, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Commitment to working as a member of a team that responds flexibly to changing pressures and demands as well as multiple priorities
* Experience in MS Dynamics (MSD) would be extremely beneficial given recent implementation
* Qualified accountant with at least 10 years' experience
* Worked in commercial environment is key as well as bid and support activity such as pricing, risk management.
* Experience of doing business with UK MoD Government
* Good working Knowledge of IT systems Inc. MS Packages / MS Dynamics
* Understanding of US financial legislation desirable, e.g. Sarbanes - Oxley
* Good problem solving capabilities.
Please note: Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.