Accountant (Team Lead)
Accountant (Team Lead)
A Major Aerospace and Defence company are seeking an Accountant (Team Lead) with a strong background to work on their Newport site. Due to the nature of this role, any offer will be subject to the completion of an SC clearance taking place. Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application or email your latest CV.
Job DescriptionAccountant (Team Lead FEX GL UK)
Missions and activities
To cooperate in the definition, assist Country Co-ordinator with team support for the site concept, organisational structure, processes and procedures
To Perform General Ledger Accounting of Divisions and HQ, in accordance to IFRS or other applicable accounting standards and to Group and Divisions criteria
o Run the closing processes on time and on quality, meeting all the Group accounting criteria.
o Report on time and on quality all the EADS Divisions and HQ financials, including FACTS+ reporting as defined in the corresponding Service Level Agreements.
o Provide controlling activities where applicable.
o Specifically support subsidiaries for controlling activities, and consulting services e.g. CFO support.
o Support external and internal audits when applicable.
o Execute the process in the most efficient way through the implementation of transnational and cross-divisional improvements, harmonisation, and automation
For his/her scope of responsibility in UK:
- The monthly closings are performed on time and with quality and the monthly reporting is delivered on time and with quality including FACTS+ reporting
- The accounting entries of the Divisions and HQ are performed meeting Group accounting criteria - aligning with the Country Manager
- The accounting and reporting is coordinated with the Divisions and HQ so to properly support Group consolidation
- External audits are supported, as well as internal audits when applicable with ERM on GL processes properly conducted, risks and mitigation actions identified and implemented
- The GL and closing process is continuously improved, increasing efficiency and promoting integration of processes across the Group
- Role cover is in place for critical tasks to secure the on time delivery of the monthly close.
- Communication and coordination with Divisions and HQ regarding the accounting and closing processes
- Cross national and cross divisional support to Divisions and HQ improvement initiatives affecting GL process to promote harmonisation and integration of the process across the Group
- Improving quality of accounting data by providing exchange of information on accounting procedures and professional advice to the Divisions and HQ
- Promoting integration and coordination with Group Accounting and Accounting Policies organisations, from technical and operational standpoints
- Promote Lean initiatives in the context of process improvements, to create more value for customers
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree level qualification in Finance / Accounting / Controlling.
- An awareness of Economics would be desirable.
- Previous experience of managing / leading a team.
- An understanding of business accounting in the Aerospace environment.
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies.
- Proficient in MS Office - specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Project Management skills would be an advantage.
- English language at negotiation level, other languages would be a plus.
Defines the accounting structure and principles for general accounting and other financial and administrative transactions and supports the harmonisation with subsidiaries. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information. Applies financial processes and tools, processes involving financial flows and transactions, local legal and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Supports in the definition of structures and principles ensuring harmonisation with other entities as required. Ability to apply the knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and to perform restatements to respective local GAAPs. Understanding and management of implications of overall framework of laws and regulations understanding of the implication of corporate income and value added taxes other applicable laws understanding of ethics and compliance laws and regulations understanding of auditors requirements, etc.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.