Companies need to ensure that their IT facilities are adequate and correctly staffed, otherwise they risk falling behind. I work across multiple roles so my skills need to be well rounded however, I do have a slight preference for more technical roles.
3rd Line Server Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
3rd Line Server Engineer
3rd Line Server Support Engineer - Havant Permanent position £32,000 - £38,000 pa + benefits The 3rd Line Server Support Engineer role is pivotal in delivering the professional service to the company's internal and external customers.
Job Description3rd Line Server Support Engineer - Havant
£32,000 - £38,000 pa + benefits
Key skills: Windows, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Sharepoint, SQL Server, Networking.
A UK-Company, which designs, implements and actively manages innovative property and Facilities Management (FM) solutions, which are aligned to the business needs of an organisation.
Recognised as differentiated from the market, through extensive 'client-side' experience and a practical approach to commercial property solutions.
They can deliver a full programme of services for both corporate occupier and business tenant, from Training to Technologies, Occupational Health to Health & Safety.
The 3rd Line Server Support Engineer role is pivotal in delivering the professional service to the company's internal and external customers.
Delivering solutions to hardware and software problems via phone, email or in person, working to predefined processes and procedures, and the standards set within the client contracts and service level agreements (SLA).
We are seeking to appoint a talented, committed and experienced 2nd / 3rd line Server Support Engineer to perform a key role in assisting clients and internal staff with an escalation point for technical queries.
You will be involved with a variety of support tasks supporting the businesses core server infrastructure as well as the network infrastructure for the business park.
Candidates must have excellent customer service and quality management skills, equipped with the passion, resources and commercial insight to help achieve them.
Alongside this, you will have proven and relevant working experience in a busy, client focused organisation.
Key Skills and Experience
* Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 / 2012
* Hyper V, including Clustered Environments
* Exchange server 2013 / 2016 or Office 365 Exchange administration experience
* SharePoint server 2013 / 2016 or Office 365 SharePoint administration experience
* SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014 administration experience
* Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, DFS, NPS administration experience
* Good working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
* Good working knowledge of network protocols such as subnets, VLANs, etc.
* Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software
* Resilience and the resourcefulness to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
* MCITP or working towards certification desirable
* ITIL v3 Foundation certified desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.