The typical job roles which I recruit for include Project Engineers, Project Managers, Electrical / Mechanical Engineers, Electrical / Mechanical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, RAMS Consultants and Senior Management. I currently work within the Manufacturing & Technologies…
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
We have a new opening available for a 2nd Engineer to join our clients fleet. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a global Oil Major who have also grown a strong presence within the Maritime sector since 2007.
Job DescriptionSecond Engineer
£65k per annum + benefits
An Oil Major known for its exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy on a global basis with customers in more than 80 countries and across six continents. Not only known for their work within the Energy sector but they are also very well recognised for their fleet of Oil Tankers, Chemical Carriers and Gas Carriers since 2007.
Due to an increase in demand, we have a new opening for a Second Engineer / 2nd Engineer with recent sailing experience onboard Oil Tankers, Chemical Tankers or Gas Carriers (LNG / LPG).
You will be involved in the following duties and responsibilities;
- Maintain a UMS or an engine room watch as per the requirement set by the Chief Engineer.
- Maintain and repair designated machinery on-board, not limited to all machinery in Engine room, cargo equipment Etc and also ensure defects are reported in a timely manner.
- Maintain an accurate record of Maintenance carried out in the PMS and maintain the stock levels of the machinery.
- To Plan and supervise Engineering Operations including crew Management.
- Maintain the engine room in a state of readiness for any internal and external audits or inspections.
- To provide training, mentoring and guidance of the vessels personnel as required.
- To ensure the fabric maintenance of the engine room is maintained.
- To carry out duties like Bunkering, taking stores or spares as directed by Chief Engineer.
- To account for monthly Inventory as set by the Chief Engineer.
- To act as a member of the Shipboard Emergency Response and Fire Fighting Team in accordance with the muster lists and shipboard contingency plans.
- Maintain and operate ships Life Saving and Fire Fighting Appliances.
- To carry out ISPS duties in accordance with the vessel's Ship Security Plan.
A very generous package is on offer including a fantastic transition package when you are ready to come ashore and begin your career in Technical Shipmanagement.
Please note that candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Please contact Cassie Moore for more information.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.