The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
2358714 - Principal Buyer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
2358714 - Principal Buyer
A leading Defence company is looking for a new contract Principal Buyer to join its team in Stevenage.
Job DescriptionThe Opportunity:
The IGP organisation is responsible for procuring direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. Total spend is approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy. An opportunity has arisen in the UK indirect Procurement team which is currently responsible for the following categories, Facilities Management, HR Services, Learning & Development, Contract Labour, Group Travel, Engineering Offload and Outsourcing and all General Procurement.
You will be responsible for managing the procurement activities for HR & consultancy for the UK and to working closely to compliment Group level strategies.
* Supervising Principal Buyers within the UK General Procurement team.
* Proactively reviewing future needs with our internal customers and leading the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate. You will also lead the supplier negotiations on behalf of the organisation and brief and present recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
* Maintain the strategic outlook over a 5 year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business. This will involve managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
* You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories.
* Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs.
* Regular travel within the UK & Europe will be required, to work closely with our international procurement colleagues and the UK stakeholders and suppliers
What are we looking for?
* Competent and experienced Procurement Specialist, with a proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and implementation of the tender process;
* Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence senior stakeholders and suppliers;
* Competent contract negotiator with ability to draft contract agreements and approve terms and conditions;
* A natural leader and communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales;
* Strong interpersonal skills, a forward thinking approach and an appreciation of cross cultural working
Additional Job Details
* Must be able to negotiate and draft contracts.
* UK & European travel involved.
* Must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance Checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.