I specialise in recruiting for permanent IT opportunities. It is a fantastic opportunity working at ARM and having the chance to find people their dream job.
1st Line Service Desk Engineer
1st Line Service Desk Engineer
This role is working fir a leading solutions & managed service provider specialising in network, data centre, cloud and cyber security managed services. The support helpdesk is the first point of contact for customer liaison, therefore, the successful candidate must be able to satisfy our reputation for excellent customer service and so their ability to communicate well on the telephone is crucial.
Job Description1st Line Service Desk Analyst / Helpdesk
Daresbury, Warrington, Cheshire.
£20,000 - £25,000 base + benefits
Leading solutions & managed service provider specialising in network, data centre, cloud and cyber security managed services.
Main purpose of the job
• The support helpdesk is the first point of contact for customer liaison, therefore, the successful candidate must be able to satisfy our reputation for excellent customer service and so their ability to communicate well on the telephone is crucial.
• The role holder needs to have a strong understanding of networking technologies and concepts.
• The successful candidate will be extremely technical and have a strong desire to learn.
• A significant part of the role requires written communication, typically email, between both helpdesk staff and customer and also between colleagues; therefore, the candidate must be able to demonstrate good written English skills.
• The candidate will also be responsible for the production of monthly reports. As the reports are often the customer's only view on the performance of their services the reports must be produced accurately and consistently; hence the requirement for strong English skills as well as analytical and statistical abilities. Employees within this area are expected to work independently and use their own initiative. They perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base. This includes evaluating customer needs and troubleshooting IT problems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Provision of support, both remotely and at customer premises working with IT users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
• Other relevant and appropriate activities as required.
Skills and qualities required:
• Valid CCNA Routing & Switching
• Windows OS
• Active Directory
• Windows Server
• IP Telephony
• Mobile (Windows/Android/WinPhone)
• A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job.
• Good problem solving and decision making skills.
• Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
• Good communication, organisation and presentation skills including the ability to write clear and concise proposals.
• Strong time management and coordination skills.
• A full driving licence - preferably clean, however consideration will be given to people with low number of points.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.