11 cyclists taking on 300 miles over 3 days to raise £20,000 for Naomi House & Jacksplace.
With an early 7.20am start with perfect weather and road conditions, the team were pumped as they set off for their first 100 miles. Today they cycled from our Headquarters in Langstone Technology Park in Havant finishing in Slough at 8.30pm. Completing today has been a tremendous achievement and we were so proud to see them approach the end of the first day, the mood was surprisingly energetic and upbeat after such a gruelling day!
Here are some of the highlights from the team:
- Simon’s voicemails – he got separated from the group and had to be picked up by the support car – upon joining the group ‘Mike maybe don’t listen to those voicemails’
- No pictures!
- The start line!
- Finishing and reaching the hotel
- The beautiful scenery we cycled through
- Recovery vehicle bail out – Alan got separated from the group and was a 16 minutes’ drive/8 miles away from the main group
- The tortoise group beating the hare group to the London office!
- Sand – now referred to as the ‘beach section’ of the ride
- Not being told not to wear boxers and cycling shorts!
- Stinging nettles
- A3 – very scary
- Oxford Street – Very busy! (in rush hour)
Feelings about today:
- Good pace but a long day
Feelings about tomorrow:
- Bring it on!
- Apprehensive just looking forward to the hotel at the end of it!
Personal Best Award – Lauren MacDonald
Team Player Award – Simon Lawton
A massive thank you to everyone who donated.