2021 wrapped up…
I think we can all agree that the past couple of years has given us the opportunity to test our agility in times of uncertainty. Professionally and personally, a lot of us have had some pretty steep obstacles to overcome…
Our business (much like many others) had to prioritise keeping our talent safe, providing a covid-safe environment, with the introduction of hybrid working. We then had the ‘great’ problem of keeping up with the increasing demand for resource - with many industries experiencing a shortage of talent. With all that said, we’re pleased to say that 2021 was fruitful, our business healed, and grew (and grew some more!).
In 2021 we…
- Met all our strategic objectives within our shared services - allowing us strong footing going into 2022.
- Experienced some exceptional individual and team sales performances across the group.
- Successfully introduced a fully-hybrid workforce, enabling everyone to work from home for two days a week.
- Made a clear recovery in revenue from the impact of Covid-19 the past year.
- Were nominated for some incredible awards by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation… Optamor was shortlisted as Best Team of the Year, ARM’s Vik Patel as Best Permanent Recruiter of the year and ARM was also shortlisted as Best Company to Work for (over 50 employees) too.
- Brought back some well-missed talent (Elliott Brook-Stephenson, Jacob Bennet, Jack Simmonds, Jacqueline Snow and Steph Birch-Foster).
- Welcomed fresh talent in, with 39 new hires joining the group.
- We’re growing our own talent too - with the introduction of our apprenticeship programme we’ve seen great work already from them all (Teddy Lytton, Jessica Muggeridge, Enzo Bagmanian, Andreea Bosog, George Pace, Harry McWhirr and Ellie Pope)
- Most importantly we’ve had fun too. With some fantastic opportunities to celebrate we topped the year off with a great Christmas ‘do’ at the top of the Spinnaker tower back in early December.
Our focus going into 2022 will be…
- Growing our business whilst remaining agile to market changes.
- Continually supporting clients within this current ‘talent war’ developing our clients talent plans.
- Investing in talent, developing our people to empower them to exceed their goals.
- Continue to nurture the friendly, upbeat and passionate culture within ARM and Optamor allowing us to retain and attract talent within our businesses.
Finally, we want to give a huge thank you to all our incredible colleagues for the commitment and hard work throughout 2021 we’re truly grateful for your flexibility, trust and dedication. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
David Wilson, CEO
Shaun Pope, COO
Leon Howgill, CRO
Heather Cracknell, CPO
P.S - If you work in recruitment and are looking for a change in scenery within a friendly and supportive environment that’ll allow you to thrive, take a look at our current vacancies - we’d love to welcome you to the team in the new year.