SalaryUp to £32 per hour + Inside IR35
EXPERIENCED BUILDING SURVEYOR - GOSPORT - 3 MONTH CONTRACT - £32/hr Umbrella *INSIDE IR35*
ARM have a new contract opportunity for an Experienced Building Surveyor to join a public sector organisation on an initial 3 month, based in Gosport.
- Have a degree, HNC or equivalent experience in a relevant building surveying or construction-related subject.
- Either RICS or CIOB member status would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the JCT and NEC suite of contracts including experience managing contractors, negotiating contractual matters and resolution of disputes.
- Have the knowledge to advise others on building construction technology and building pathology.
- Ability to apply relevant legislation/law/guidance such as building regulations, planning law, party wall act, fire safety, electrical inspections, gas installations, JCT and NEC contracts, CDM Regulations and asbestos at work regulations.
- Commercial awareness and sufficient knowledge to apply cost control and budget management techniques, including cost estimates for building projects and repair services.
- Relevant experience of public procurement rules and procedures for building work to gain quotations and tenders.
- Be able to interrogate, analyse and evaluate stock data including repair information, to ensure that stock data is accurate within a specific geographic area and measure the performance of the repairs and maintenance service.
What you will be doing:
- You will be undertaking various surveys, as well as assessing technical staff and offering development and coaching of practical surveying skills where necessary.
- Surveys include stock condition surveys and dilapidation surveys, measured surveys, energy performance surveys, fire risk assessments, asbestos surveys, recording stock data, identifying building defects, assessing quality of work undertaken, offering solutions to resolve any issues, identifying and preparing specifications for repairs or planned maintenance schemes.
- You will also be evaluating different building options and preparing a specification of work, gaining quotations or tenders and managing the repairs contracts.
This is an initial 3-month contract, with potential for extension, based in Gosport and working Inside IR35. Outside IR35 applications will not be considered.
For this role, you must already be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
For more information on this position, please contact Sam Derham at ARM on 02392458029 or email your CV and covering letter .
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
IWD 2021: Lockdown Ladies
Go back to International Women’s Day on 8 March 2020. To think that we’d be using words like "lockdown," "home-schooling" and "furlough" would be unthinkable - for a few more…
What is Facilities Management?
Defining Facilities Management Facilities management refers to the management and maintenance of physical assets, systems, and services required for the operation of a business or organisation. It involves ensuring that…
Contract or Perm
We asked our LinkedIn followers for their advice regarding both contract and permanent work. Here’s what they said: 1. Test the water Brendan Meyler: “Why not try a few short…