Please check your email .
£30,000 - £35,000
My client is seeking a NPI to ensure effective transfer of new products from Design Engineering into Manufacture and support and improve existing processes as required by the business.
* Manufacturing Engineering & Continuous Improvement
- Provide engineering support in production to trouble-shoot and resolve technical problems
- Develop & enhance process technology for assembly, bonding, fastening and cleaning operations
- Promote continuous improvement of operational processes and define CAPA projects preparing CBA and ROI projections for approval by management. Lead such projects as required
- Develop the company's production engineering skills and capabilities
- Manage & Maintain equipment database & calibration schedules ensuring rapid repair or replacement & minimal downtime
- Execute design and development activities for efficient, high quality manufacture ensuring Design For Manufacture best practices are followed at all stages
- Ensure designs can be fully tested and help define production testing to ensure quality is designed in from conception
- Design manufacturing processes from concept to production ensuring parts and materials are fit for both purpose and efficient manufacture with high yield
- Undertake bench top trials of early designs as required to inform prototype design iterations
- Attend critical project and design reviews
- Identify & develop new process technologies to facilitate manufacture of new products
- Design and implementation of manufacturing and test jigs, fixtures and tooling for new products
- Assist design team in preparing the design package for transfer to production
- Assist Operations team
- Develop, define, document and improve NPI processes
- Develop flexible manufacturing and test strategies for cost effective manufacture of the projected forward order book
- Promote a forward looking, analytical and process based culture to New Product Introduction
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Solid experience in precision optics, lasers, fiber optics or instrumentation product development
- Experience of process development
- Experience of solving materials/process related issues
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.