Please check your email .
Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000
My client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to deliver detailed mechanical designs for products and processes for internal and external customers as part of the engineering team.
* Product & process design, development and improvement
- Respond to sales orders and internal requirements
- Propose schemes for bid preparations
- Propose conceptual designs
- Assess technical viability
- Select and specify materials, surface treatments and finishes
- Design solutions in detail to meet requirements
- Configure fiber coupled laser products to meet customer-specific requirements.
- Carry out basic optical calculations, lens and fiber selection, with optical engineering support.
- Maintain existing/legacy designs and carrying out design modifications.
- Produced detailed drawings of machined components and assemblies
- Document designs and processes so that they can be manufactured, tested and inspected
- Investigate and resolve problems and failures
- Identify & propose improvements to product & process performance, reliability and cost
- Identify and meet all compliance requirements
- Provide technical training and support
- Assist in procurement of mechanical components & assembly
- Experience in the detailed design of machined parts
- Able to demonstrate original thinking and an innovative approach to problem solving, from top-level concept to piece-part design.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques appropriate to small batch production
- Hands-on experience of 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Knowledge of precision optics principles desirable
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.