Please check your email .
£35,000 - £40,000
My client is seeking a Project Engineer to execute tactical design projects as part of their Engineering team.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of PhD in Laser Physics (or similar) with proven ability in the design and build of lasers (solid state lasers).
The focus of the role will be: solid state laser design and development, Gaussian optic design and fibre-optic design support.
- Energize projects and drive projects to completion within agreed plan & budget in accordance with company procedures & processes
- Manage project technical risks and create solutions to overcome barriers to project success
- Communicate deviations or risks with project plan or goals to Project Manager
- Investigate and resolve problems and product failures
- Identify & propose improvements to product & process performance, reliability and cost
- Identify and meet all compliance requirements
- Provide technical solutions, training and technical support to other departments as required
- Respond to sales enquiries and orders
- Write manufacturing work instructions and test procedures
- Support for Production and Production Engineering teams
- PhD in laser physics
- Solid experience in precision optics, lasers and fibre optics product development
- Knowledge and practical experience of relevant measurement techniques and instrumentation
- Experience in a commercial setting
- Experience in DPSS laser product development UV to 1300nm using a variety of laser technologies
- Optical design experience of related optical components and systems
- Design for manufacture
- Experience of laser system design including thermo-mechanical and electronic integration
- Zemax & Matlab modelling experience
- Understanding of ISO9001
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.