Please check your email .
Advanced Resource Managers are currently working with a leading consultancy for environmental assessment, transport design and planning, who are seeking a senior – principal highways infrastructure design engineer. Within this role you will work on a range of highways and drainage infrastructure projects within the UK.
- You will have a degree in Civil Engineering or the equivalent
- You will have a strong understanding and experience of Highway Design and Design Standards
- You will have demonstrable experience of S278/S38 design
- You will have knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities
- You will have significant experience in the design of highway improvement schemes in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets and other industry standards and guidance.
- You will have good project and financial management skills
What you will be doing:
- You will communicate with clients, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders
- You will support junior staff and other employees with their career development, training as well as their enthusiasm
- You will use AutoCAD and Civils 3D – enabling you to produce 2D highway layouts and 3D engineering designs
- You will ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standard
- You will produce drawings as well as check other drawings AutoCAD)
- You will give clients and potential clients technical advice
- You will conduct consultants with statutory authorities to implement the design and construction of projects
- You will prepare design documentation for highway design (S38/S278)- this will be both preliminary and detailed as well as drainage design
This opportunity is based within Woking, the Northwest of Surrey. The offices have private parking as well as a bus stop right outside.
This position is for either a Senior or Principal Engineer, therefore depending on experience the salary ranges from £40,000 - £55,000 p/a. This position also offers a range of benefits including: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this rises after 5 years of service), company car allowance, pension contributions, a yearly professional membership of your choice and many more.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to work within the UK.
For more information on this exciting position, please contact Jessica King at ARM on 02394 351 419 or email your CV and covering letter to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.