Please check your email .
Assistant Financial Controller
Rocester (commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Stoke, Stafford, Burton)
Assistant Financial Controller to work alongside the Financial Controller and General Manager, a newly created, exciting role to support the business strategy through the management of a lean, efficient and effective abattoir. The role will be key to improving financial and operating reporting and an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to add significant value to the business.
- Ensure robust financial and systems controls are in place, and are in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Identify and drive cost down initiatives through the process of standard costing
- Produce monthly financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Manage the year end process and statutory accounts preparation, including corporation tax.
- Ensure accurate external reporting to HMRC including VAT, Intrastat, CIS, and EC Sales.
- Implement appropriate controls in order to monitor and maximise cashflow.
- Ensure appropriate controls and reporting are in place to manage overhead costs in line with business strategy.
- Fully qualified accountant with experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Knowledge of agriculture and farm accounting would be beneficial
- First class attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy
- Ability to present data in a meaningful and concise manner
- Excellent spreadsheet and data analytical skills required
- Enthusiastic, positive and driven by an eagerness to learn and develop
- An aptitude to communicate effectively across all levels and functions within the business
If you are interested in the "Assistant Financial Controller" position, please contact
Matthew Whyley 02392 228236
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.