Please check your email .
Are you an experienced Project Engineer interested in a new permanent role? We are supporting a permanent position based in Warwick. You will be responsible for the on-time delivery of HV Distribution, DCDC converters and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration into vehicle and to the grid on all programmes.
Key duties and responsibilities:
As Project Engineer, HV Distribution, Charging and Conversion, you will be responsible for the following activities:
• To define, own and deliver HV Distribution, DCDC conversion and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration into vehicle and to the grid from concept through to production, including achieving:- Function: Lead generation and delivery of robust technical specifications and timing plans for RFQ, including Functional Safety, Cybersecurity and EMC requirements to ensure compliance
- Package: Manage CAD engineers to achieve static & dynamic clearance targets, negotiate component change in other R&D departments if required to achieve clearances.
- Quality: Identify & contain potential quality concerns using engineering quality systems (FMEAs, Robustness Studies)
- Testing & Development: Support the definition of DVP activities and on-time delivery of in-house and supplier tests on rigs and vehicles
- Cost: Definition of programme cost targets and working with suppliers to deliver system that achieves these targets. Maintain control of tooling, engineering & part costs and predict the spend to the end of the project to ensure that it can be completed within the available budget.
- Weight: Definition of programme weight targets and managing CAD engineers to design system that achieves targets
• Main point of contact for HV Distribution, DCDC conversion and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration into vehicle for feasibility, functionality and active resolution of technical issues on given projects
• Deliver the commodity programme to meet Mission Gateway objectives including leading Final Engineering Sign Off activities
• Develop and deliver commodity strategy for all HV Distribution, HV DC/DC converters and on-vehicle charging system alongside commodity plans for each programme including design & manufacturing lead-times and key programme deliverables timing.
• Present status at Gateways and support Powertrain design reviews, Package Meetings & Powertrain PMT meetings.
• Work cross-functionally with other R&D departments (especially Electrical Circuits and EDS teams) to define HV Distribution, DCDC conversion, on-vehicle charging system and efficient power management strategy balancing characteristics to achieve vehicle requirements for minimum cost
• Support all Virtual Verification activities, including packaging, 1D & 3D analyses
• Complete Change Tracking Documents, Engineering Release Notices & Releases to allow engineering changes to be approved.
• Resolve engineering Concerns (using eCMS) in a timely fashion.
• Lead FMEAs and input to manufacturing PFMEAs.
• Acquire and evaluate competitor benchmark information to influence concept creation in early project phases
• Coordinate system and supplier comparison studies and evaluate RFQ responses to influence management decisions
• Establish regular design reviews with cross functional teams
• Support Intellectual Property (IP) team to protect the company generated IP
• Train, coach and present technical information at all levels
• Develop and record best practices and lead development of all HV Distribution, DCDC conversion and on-vehicle charging system design manuals to handle the Powertrain Electrification requirements of today and the future.
Experience and Qualification:
The essential areas of previous experience required to undertake this role include:
• Delivery of HV Distribution, DCDC converters and on-vehicle charging systems and integration for hybrid and/or electric vehicles
• Hands on experience of working with LV and HV systems
• Knowledge of all relevant vehicle legislation and certification requirements for automotive HV Distribution, DCDC converters and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration
• Successful delivery of systems to automotive Functional Safety, Cybersecurity and EMC requirements
• Led development of charging strategies and charging profiles
• Knowledge of project life cycle management from early R&D to series production
Preferred areas of experience include:
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.