Please check your email .
Based in Cranfield, their UK site is used for the design and development of vehicles manufactured in their European plants. Design & Development, Purchasing, Production Engineering & QA functions are all integrated on this site, and they are now looking for an Instrument Cluster Principal Engineer to join them on a 3 month PAYE contract.
A selection of the following are required to fulfil the role successfully:
• Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for the parts.
• Experience of the parts cost drivers and budget setting.
• Knowledge of 3D CAD tools.
• Development of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays and Displays to meet Design and Test standards.
• Lead design reviews to ensure the parts under development are delivered in line with program requirements for cost, quality and timing.
• Maintain part BOM across European vehicles.
• Prepare functional specifications through discussion with system owners, customer-orientated engineering, styling and trim engineers.
• Review and approve part drawings submitted by suppliers.
• Manage in-house and supplier validation of the parts.
• Resolve technical issues with in-house test departments and suppliers.
• Support vehicle development builds at European manufacturing sites. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
• Conduct vehicle life cycle cost reduction idea generation and implementation.
• Lead vehicle life cycle warranty investigations and countermeasure implementations.
• Prepare and present development status and strategy plans to Senior Management.
Qualifications, skills training requirements:
• Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Experience of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays or Displays development within the automotive industry.
• Understanding of electrical theory related to the parts and connected circuits.
• Familiar with software development and validation methods.
• An understanding of LIN or CAN communication and tools.
• Familiar with electrical architecture or other similar automotive architecture.
• Experience in BOM management.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.