Please check your email .
A Leading client of mine are looking for a manufacturing Engineer to join on a permanent basis in Wales paying between £30,000-£36,000p/a (depending on level of experience)
My company are a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems on board commercial, regional and business aircraft and need someone like yourself to come on board to develop processes utilizing analytical tools & techniques to enable products to be assembled in-line with the companies production methods and targets. The role also includes working with the NPI team in order to implement new products into production.
What you will be doing on a daily basis:
- You will be responsible for daily engineering support to the various MU value streams - including prompt problem solving solutions with a view to establishing permanent corrective actions that eliminate process waste and other Non-Value added activities.
-In conjunction with above, negotiating and raising inter-departmental change requests such as minor rework, concessions, permits, ADCN¡¦s and ECR's.
-Responsible for ongoing item data management and validation of production bills of materials (BOM's) and process routings via the business ERP system- BaaN.
- Generating and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOP's) to improve operator safety, productivity and product quality.
-Responsible for line layout design / improvements that will support safe, efficient and ergonomically sound working practices.
-Identifying the requirements for jigs, fixtures and tooling (JFT's) to support safe, efficient and quality manufacturing practices.
-Facilitating continuous improvement / problem solving workshops - requiring a working knowledge of 8D and FMEA methodologies to support problem solving activities - resulting in commercial benefits to the business.
-Reporting - Regular and timely reporting of project progress to the department and project teams in line with current KPI's.
-Regulatory - All Internal and external statutory and regulatory conditions are being met
-Lean - Demonstrated experience ideally trained to Green belt or above
-SHE - The required Safety, Health, Environmental & Ergonomic standards are being achieved
-Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives.
What you will be expected to know:
- HNC or an indentured apprenticeship in an engineering discipline or equivalent qualification/ Degree in Engineering Discipline
- Come from a strong Manufacturing background
- had previous experience or MPR/ERP business systems
- Experience of working with analytical design tools and techniques
- Knowledge of multi-level bill of material (BOM) systems, this is essential to the role.
If you have experience of using Catia V5 and Smarteam Lean Manufacturing and the application of continuous improvement techniques this would be Desirable also.
If this is something that you are interested in please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392 228 244 for more information.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.