Please check your email .
My client are seeking a Senior Highways Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of our growing and experienced highways team working on a variety of challenging projects including several high-profile locations around Central London. This full-time permanent role will initially be based from home and will then be based from our office in central London.
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely. People first, go home safe.
We deliver vital infrastructure services that help keep people, communities and businesses moving. Our people are our greatest asset and we are always searching for talented individuals to join our family.
The Senior Highways Engineer Role
As our Senior Highways Engineer you will help deliver highway and transportation schemes for both private and public sector clients in Central London and across the South East. What sets us apart from other consultancies is the ability to self-deliver and the opportunity to work in close collaboration with our implementation teams and a chance to see projects through to completion of the construction stage.
With a number of term contracts in place, including with Westminster City Council and Transport for London, we has a steady stream of new and interesting projects to be taken from design through to implementation in collaboration with our contractor teams.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Highways Engineer:
We are looking for candidates who are degree qualified, with a BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent and previous experience in the field of highway engineering
You will have experience of:
- Developing highway designs in accordance with the DMRB, LCDS and TSRGD as well as other industry standard documentation and guidance.
- Designing using AutoCAD with the ability to produce high quality drawing and design packages.
- Using swept path analysis as a design tool.
- Completing the Statutory Undertaker’s plant diversion processes from initial searches, through to quotations and collaborative implementation.
- Producing comprehensive Bills of Quantities for schemes at feasibility and detail design stage.
- Industry CDM requirements for Principal Designers, with a working knowledge of the responsibilities of the client and contractor.
- Liaising with clients, colleagues and sub-contractors/consultants.
- Working on central London schemes and with stakeholder engagement such as emergency services, highway authorities and project sponsors.
Benefits of becoming our Senior Highways Engineer
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
-Career & professional development
-Holiday that exceeds statutory limits
-Discretionary bonus scheme
-Contributory pension scheme
-Access to active discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
-Employee Assistant Programme
-Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
-Vodafone discounts for you and your family
-Car lease discounts for you and your family
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.