Please check your email .
A career with my client means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.
This unique role exists to enable the production of in house and outsourced powertrain software, hardware and calibrations for our future Hybrid powertrain families delivering a concept Hybrid platform. Managing key suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully functioning Hybrid system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration and Wider Powertrain team
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Lead and manage activity within the hybrid concept team on defined Hybrid programmes as defined by Head of Hybrid concept.
• Deliver Hybrid HV controls systems and hardware to maximise performance, reliability and driveability across a range of complex High voltage systems as applied to our Hybrid vehicles including Motors, battery, Inverter etc.
• Responsible for Planning and delivery of all activity leading to a successful concept with a view to production feasibility.
• Manage outsource to support technical and commercial goals.
• Manage and support powertrain activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the wider team.
• Manage the progress and reporting for Hybrid Powertrain deliverables as detailed, ensuring they meet all cost, time and quality targets to a level of initial delivery
• Be the key point of contact for defined customers and suppliers to powertrain Hybrid concept wrt HV machines, batteries and systems.
• Ensure Hybrid platform deliverables are delivered in line with the system design specification.
• Represent the company externally at a senior level regarding activities and supplier visits.
• Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and program teams to support Powertrain deliverables.
• Prepare reports of all findings from rigs, Test beds, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
• Manage and hardware/tools to support development activity.
• Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Experience within an automotive vehicle manufacturer or Consultancy with direct experience of delivery of Powertrain Control and hardware systems as applied to Hybrid technologies. Strong Controls background.
• Competitive Salary
• Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
• Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
• Health Shield Cash Plan.
• 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
• Company Performance Bonus Scheme.
• Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
• Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
• A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.