Please check your email .
A career with my client means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.
To develop calibrations for the powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the calibration test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the vehicle to meet Worldwide certification, performance, driveability and fuel economy targets.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Lead and Manage activity within the Calibration department on defined vehicle programmes as defined by Head of EMS Calibration.
• Define key software paths to allow them to deliver competitive Powertrain solutions
• Manage and support powertrain software and calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the wider team.
• Manage the progress and reporting for all Powertrain Calibration deliverables, ensuring they meet all cost, time and quality targets.
• Be the point of contact for defined customers and suppliers to powertrain Calibration function. Define all requirements for the Powertrain Systems and validate them within the company.
• Ensure Calibration deliverables are delivered in line with the system design specification.
• Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals.
• Represent the company externally at a senior level regarding calibration activities and supplier visits.
• Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and program teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
• Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
• Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
• Manage and specify Calibration hardware/tools to support development activity.
• Manage the Calibration database for all responsible programmes.
• Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Experience within a automotive vehicle manufacturer or Consultancy with direct experience of delivery of calibration of gasoline engines on test bed and in vehicle
• Member of the IMechE or similarly recognised international institution (preferred)
• Direct experience of application of new technologies including Hybrid & BEV vehicles
• Competitive Salary
• Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
• Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
• Health Shield Cash Plan.
• 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
• Company Performance Bonus Scheme.
• Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
• Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
• A wide range of discounts with associated partners
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.