Please check your email .
up to £34,000
Our client is a Global player in the Design, Development and Manufacture of complex disposable dressings and electro-mechanical medical devices. They are looking for a Driven and Dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer to support the concept design, feasibility and launch of new and existing products.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a design or engineering discipline, utilising tools such as Solidworks and Adobe Creative Suite. Previous experience creating prototypes as well as planning and testing designs is beneficial.
This is a Fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for flexibility and autonomy within their role as you will be working in an R&D centre of excellence with a broad range of responsibilities.
- Produce new designs and solutions to design challenges using freehand / digital sketching, 3D CAD systems and graphics based packages.
- Create physical prototypes to allow for the presentation of concepts or functional/feasibility testing where appropriate.
- Specify, select and integrate mechanical and electro-mechanical components. Integrate materials, electronics and other technologies into new designs.
- Create prototypes of graphical user interfaces using graphics packages and front-end software development tools for the presentation and testing of concepts.
- Design and plan development testing throughout the development process, presenting results to team members at all levels.
- Create, amend and submit design history file drawings and technical documentation including test reports at various stages of development in line with new product development processes.
- As a member of a global cross-functional project team contributing to team meetings, liaising with suppliers and effectively communicating ideas, practice and results with other functions outside of the I&SM group.
- Provide engineering input on all and any development and support projects required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the technical prowess of the business locally and globally.
- Contribute to the development of new technology resulting in value added IP for the business.
- Participate in technical, critical design reviews as required.
- To ensure that all activities fully comply with quality system and regulatory requirements.
- 2+ years experience in producing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings and associated technical documentation within a regulated engineering environment, preferably medical.
- Experienced in Solid Works, MS Office (Word, Excel & Project) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with front end GUI development tools beneficial.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of design and manufacturing processes and able to progress a new design from initial concept to production.
- Proven track record in product development, with evidence of good communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of injection mould design, flexible materials and medical disposables design desirable.
Minimum Degree qualified with at least 2 years' experience.
This role would suit a Mechanical Design Engineer with a background in Medical devices, Automotive, Aerospace or Consumer Products who can proactively manage their own time and take accountability for their own work loads.
If this role sounds like something that could be of interest please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.