Please check your email .
£55250 per annum
Candidate will go through BPSS before starting and then possibly SC but not DV
Are you an Agile Coach or Release Train Engineer with hands-on experience implementing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)? Due to the success of a number of strategic programs, we are growing our Agile Coaching team with creative and confident servant-leaders. Your role will be to facilitate the effective application of Scaled Agile to meet our customers’ emerging mission needs
You will be a leader, coach and trainer supporting a team of agile teams to apply Scaled Agile principles and practices to the development of an exciting cutting-edge military capability. You’ll act as a ‘servant-leader’, helping the teams to adapt their ways of working effectively to deliver maximum value to our customers. Alongside this, you’ll support our customers and solution partners to work effectively with Agile teams, including 1-1 coaching of key stakeholders.
• Drive the implementation of the Scaled Agile Framework in the development of a complex, cyber-physical solution
• Identify knowledge gaps and where appropriate, deliver Agile or Scaled Agile training to team members and stakeholders
• Act as Release Train Engineer for a new Agile Release Train, guiding and coaching teams and facilitating Scaled Agile events such as Program Increment Planning
• Support and collaborate with the Product Manager and Product Owners to engage with customers to understand, elaborate and maintain requirements backlogs
• Assist Architects and Systems Engineers to support Agile teams by setting appropriate architectural standards and guardrails, without over-constraining delivery flexibility
• Coach customers and solution partners – including those with no prior Agile exposure – to integrate effectively with agile teams and participate actively in Scaled Agile events
• Support and develop Scrum Masters of individual teams to adapt to Scaled Agile ways-of-working and to build high-performing delivery teams
• Drive predictable delivery by ensuring impediments and blockers are identified and addressed
• Build a trusting and supportive environment where problems can be addressed without fear or blame
• Promote continuous improvement through inspection and adaptation, using qualitative information and quantitative metrics
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and making information visible
• Support line managers with identifying training and development needs of employees as required.
• Thorough knowledge of Agile principles, practices and methodologies including Scaled Agile
• Practical experience implementing Scaled Agile as either an Agile Coach, SAFe Program Consultant or Release Train Engineer, including facilitation of Scaled Agile events
• Holds or previously held Scaled Agile SA, SSM, SASM, RTE or SPC certificate
• Mature coaching style, modelling servant-leader characteristics
• Confident communicator, able to engage effectively both with senior stakeholders and individual Scrum team members
• Eligibility to hold UK Government security clearance to at least SC level
• Experience applying Agile (particularly agile-at-scale) within a Defence / Security or other UK Government context
• Experience holding other Agile roles such as Product Owner / Product Manager
• Current SAFe SPC 4.5 or 5.0 certification
• Other relevant certifications e.g. PSM I/II/III, CSM, ICP-ATF, ICP-ACC, ICE-AC
• Familiarity with the aero domain including the engineering / development lifecycle
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.