Please check your email .
Our client is committed to creating better places for everyone. They take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, they serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership within Wales and Borders, mentor and guide other engineers on the project. Develop engineering solutions and ensure conformance to the specification and compliant delivery to programme by guiding engineering suppliers to the job and advising the Project Manager.
What will this role involve?
- Agree and implement a mentoring / development plan for less experienced engineers assigned for mentorship / development.
- Manage the engineering activity on the allocated project including proving support for design reviews; communication and consultation with other related functions such as design, installation and testing required with any changes. Collaborate with other disciplines including facilitating the inter-disciplinary verification meetings.
- Act as Contractor's Responsible Engineer and Temporary Works Coordinator as proposed by the Project Manager.
- Advise the Construction/Works Manager on engineering requirement and specification issues, including marking out of sites and ensuring each stage of construction is acceptable and signed off before works progress
- Conduct and record briefings of technical updates to the project team, including sub-contractors, promote best practice and pro-actively identify to resource owners additional training requirements and development opportunities.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing his plan for the engineering resource required to deliver the project plan, and provide engineering review of the method statements and risk assessments proposed for the work.
- Conduct and record briefings of technical updates to the engineering staff and advise project managers of likely changes required for current schemes. Set the standard for working practices and actively promote self-development of engineers.
- Produce and implement an in process inspection and surveillance regime consistent with company standards and project requirements.
- Provide appropriate levels of site support to the project team (project manager, site supervisors, resource providers and sub-contractors) throughout the works to ensure that critical engineering decisions can be made in a timely manner and that issues arising can be dealt with to ensure compliance with a minimum of re-work.
- Take accountability for the engineering element of the allocated project(s) and related technical guidance of all staff working on the allocated project(s).
- Manage workload effectively to enable regular attendance at worksites that include nightshift.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a CRE or acting CRE in rail environment
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant field (e.g. Civil Engineering)
- PTS /IWA
- IOSHH Managing Safely
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.